Popular burger chain Shake Shack (SHAK) is running a promotion in which customers can receive bitcoin as a reward for purchases made using Block’s (SQ) Cash App, according to the Wall Street Journal.
- Customers will receive 15% of their purchase back in the form of bitcoin on any Shake Shack purchase made with Cash Card, which is a debit card available to Cash App users, as well as by buying items via Cash Boost, a rewards program available to Cash Card members.
- Shake Shack is trying to see if it can attract younger customers with the crypto rewards, as well as gauge customer demand in general for cryptocurrency options, executives told the Journal. So far the company hasn’t seen demand to make purchases in cryptocurrencies.
- The promotion will be available through mid-March.
- The company posted total revenue of $739.9 million in 2021, up 41.5% versus the prior year, according to its latest financial results. The burger chain has over 240 U.S. locations, and over 125 internationally.
- Shake Shack didn’t immediately respond to CoinDesk’s request for comment.