Nordic neobank Lunar raised $77 million at a $2 billion valuation and unveiled a crypto trading platform.
- Users are able to trade bitcoin, ether, doge, ADA and DOT at the platform’s launch.
- Lunar’s aim is to make crypto trading “hassle-free” for Nordic customers, the firm said Thursday. Where users would currently have an account with a crypto exchange separate from their bank account, Lunar is looking to offer banking and crypto under one roof.
- The Aarhus, Denmark-based fintech already offers checking accounts, loans and borrowing services, investments in stocks and funds and business accounts for small and medium enterprises.
- The $77 million funding round is an extension of Lunar’s $232 million Series D from July last year, which gave the company unicorn status.
- The firm last month unveiled actor Will Ferrell as an investor. Lunar also developed a promotional görüntü featuring the Anchorman and Elf star.
Read more: French Fintech Lydia Attains Unicorn Status With $100M Series C Funding