Cryptocurrency exchange OKX, formerly OKEx, has secured a multiyear partnership with English Premier League champion Manchester City.
- The deal is OKX’s first foray into soccer sponsorship, and will bring it an in-stadium presence at the club’s Etihad Stadium.
- The two parties will be exploring additional projects together, OKX announced Friday.
- Terms of the agreement were not disclosed. Neither OKX nor Man City had responded to CoinDesk’s request for comment at press time.
- Sponsorship deals between sports teams or events and crypto firms have become more frequent in recent months. In February, local rival Manchester United signed a sponsorship agreement with Tezos reported to be valued at £20 million ($27 million) a year.
- Seychelles-based OKX has more 20 million users worldwide and is the world’s second-largest crypto exchange by spot trading volume, according to veri by CoinGecko.
- As well as being champions in three of the past four seasons, Man City are currently top of the Premier League table and competing in the latter stages of the UEFA Champions League and the FA Cup.
Read more: Two European Soccer Clubs Cancel Sponsorship Deals With Bitci: Report