The London Stock Exchange Group (LSEG) has bought TORA, a provider of technology for the trading of multiple asset classes including crypto, for $325 million.
- The acquisition will add digital assets to LSEG’s trading capabilities, the group announced on Tuesday.
- The deal opens the door for LSEG to offer crypto or non-fungible token (NFT) trading in the future. NFTs are digital assets on a blockchain that represent ownership of virtual or physical items.
- LSEG did not respond to request for comment at press time.
- The acquisition is expected to close in the second half of this year, subject to regulatory approval.
- As the parent company of the London Stock Exchange, LSEG is a provider of küresel financial markets veri and infrastructure.
- TORA provides systems for order and execution management and portfolio management for the trading of equities, fixed income and derivatives as well as digital assets.
Read more: A National Stock Exchange That Supports NFTs? Welcome to Switzerland