Yieldstreet, an online platform offering investors access to alternative investments like real estate and arka, has announced its first-ever crypto fund in partnership with noted venture capital firm Pantera Capital.
- Investors would gain access to the Pantera Early Stage Token Fund I which makes direct investments in pre-ICO tokens. The fund is expected to raise approximately $20 million, a Yieldstreet spokesperson told CoinDesk in an email.
- Prior investments for the fund have included cross-chain interoperability platform Polkadot and Ethereum Virtual Machine Aurora.
- New York-based Yieldstreet plans to launch additional offerings with exposure to the Pantera fund approximately every quarter to allow for repeat investments.
- Founded in 2015, Yieldstreet said the platform has seen over $2.9 billion in investments from more than 360,000 investors.
- Pantera was founded by Tiger Management alum Dan Morehead in 2003, and the firm had grown to $5.6 billion in assets under management by the end of last year, Its investment portfolio includes payments company Circle, crypto exchange Coinbase, and Ripple, issuer of the XRP cryptocurrency.
Read more: Pantera Adds $46M in Investments to Bitcoin Feeder Fund