Funds stolen during December’s hack of AscendEX have begun moving some stolen crypto to decentralized exchange Uniswap, according to on-chain veri first spotted by security research house PeckShield.
- In December, hackers stole $77 million from AscendEX, mostly in ether, Binance Smart Chain token and MATIC.
- So far 516 ether, worth around $1.5 million, have been sent to Uniswap.
- Until recently, the funds have stayed largely dormant, before beginning to move early Friday morning U.S. time.
- While many high-profile hacks have seen the funds being sent through a mixer protocol like Tornado Cash, sending the tokens to Uniswap would largely have the same effect.
- Uniswap doesn’t have a KYC mechanism, thus tokens that go in would be mixed around with other tokens making them “clean” to the outside observer.