Cryptocurrency exchange FTX has tapped fashion and beauty entrepreneur Lauren Remington Platt as its head of küresel luxury partnerships as the firm continues to double down on branding and sponsorship opportunities.
- Platt will build partnerships targeting luxury brands encouraging them to “integrate with cryptocurrency.” She will work with FTX’s head of environmental and social initiatives Gisele Bündchen.
- Prior to joining FTX, Platt founded an on-demand beauty company called Vesette, launching brand partnerships with Saks 5th Avenue, Vogue, Michael Kors and Chopard.
- As FTX’s empire continues to grow, Platt will be “essential for the next phase of growth of our team’s partnership and branding focus,” said Sam Bankman-Fried, CEO of FTX in a press release.
- FTX said it hopes Platt’s appointment will help it capitalize on the over $300 billion luxury goods market.
- FTX has been aggressively expanding and signing sponsorship agreements. The derivatives exchange has purchased the naming rights to two U.S. sports stadiums, signed a slew of other deals with other sports teams and athletes and ran its first Üstün Bowl isim recently.
- FTX said it has been particularly focusing on branding and sponsorship opportunities in the sports industry to “capitalize on high-visibility moments and spread brand awareness.”
Read more: FTX Looks to Expand Globally Through Local Partners, Bankman-Fried Say