What to know
- U.S.-based users of Wirex will be able to use the company’s app to buy, store, and exchange 37 different cryptocurrencies, as well as traditional currencies. The service is available to all states except New York and Hawaii (coming later this year).
- “U.S. users have been demanding an alternative to traditional forms of payments that are antiquated, slow and non-transparent, and that’s where Wirex steps in,” said Harold Montgomery, Wirex USA managing director. The company’s domestic partners are Zero Hash, Checkout.com, Visa and Sutton Bank.
- The Wirex app will link to a contactless Visa debit card, allowing for clients to spend their crypto either online or in-store at more than 61 million locations around the world. The “Cryptoback” rewards program allows users up to 8% back in X-points (Wirex’s native token) for purchases.
- The company noted other growth initiatives include a recently launched non-custodial wallet, and an investment in DeFi protocol Nereus.
- Since its launch in 2014, Wirex has garnered more than 4.5 million customers in 130 countries across the European and Asia-Pacific areas.
Read more: Wirex Eyes Mainstream DeFi With Fireblocks Integration
Click to rate this post!
[Total: 0 Average: 0]