Crypto exchange Coinbase plans to quadruple the number of employees in India by year-end, CEO Brian Armstrong said in a blog post, adding 1,000 to the existing 300 staff at its Indian tech hub, which started last year.
- “We have ambitious plans for India and seek to hire over 1,000 people in our India hub this year alone,” Armstrong, who is currently in the country, wrote in the blog.
- On Feb. 15 the company announced its küresel “plans to add 2,000 employees across Product, Engineering and Design in 2022.”
- Armstrong also announced that on Thursday, Coinbase will be “hosting a crypto community event in Bangalore to discuss the future of crypto and web3 in India.”
- In a previous blog post titled “Lighting Up The Map: How Coinbase Plans To Scale Globally” the company said it plans to “double down on regional investments, adding to its portfolio of platforms such as CoinSwitch Kuber and CoinDCX in India …” to “accelerate the growth of the cryptoeconomy globally.”
- Coinbase is the world’s second-largest exchange by volume. It was founded in June, 2012 by Armstrong and Fred Ehrsam.