Chainlink (LINK), one of the projects developed for integrating blockchain-based technologies with the real world, draws attention as one of the pioneers in this field. This project, which focuses on the usage areas of Web 3.0 technologies, can process real-world data based on blockchain.
Chainlink (LINK) has a volatile trend in token performance. Investors are split on how exactly token prices will perform. While some investors stated that the project would gain value in the future, some investors’ opinions on LINK are pretty hesitant.
What is Chainlink (LINK)?
Chainlink (LINK) focuses specifically on transferring standard technologies and web applications that exist in the real world onto the blockchain network. Considered one of the most important projects developed in this field, LINK plays a significant role in preparing applications for the Web 3.0 atmosphere.
Chainlink (LINK) collects data outside the blockchain through networks called oracles. This collected data is processed using the advantages of decentralization and blockchain technologies. In this way, it is ensured that the ecosystem works much more efficiently and actively.
Chainlink (LINK) is also being developed on an open-source platform. Being open-source allows the ecosystem to be supported by independent developers. The developers state that the project appeals to a much wider community with each passing day.
Web 3.0 Can Be Integrated into Our Lives with Chainlink (LINK)
Analysts see Chainlink (LINK) as a pioneering application that could completely change the concept of the internet. In particular, the solutions it offers to the needs of classical web applications suggest that many more applications will adopt the project in the future.
Large companies have already used the platform. The project, which can transfer outside data to the ecosystem, especially in areas such as product efficiency and supply chains, both reduces costs and provides safer storage.
Chainlink (LINK), which was started being developed in 2017, continues to receive support from large investment companies. In particular, it is foreseen that the developments to be made starting from the first quarter of 2023 will also increase the audience reached by the project.
Advantages and Disadvantages
Chainlink (LINK) is quite a remarkable project. In the field of blockchain, this application, which can integrate new technologies into our lives, has some unique advantages. The most striking benefits of Chainlink are as follows;
- Potential for use in classical applications: It provides important solutions in areas such as finance, product tracking, and data mining -that are called classical applications- which are outside of Web 3.0 technologies. It helps integrate legacy technologies into the Web 3.0 world.
- One of the first projects in its field: It is considered one of the first projects to process off-chain data on-chain, making it blockchain-based.
- Broad investor support: Chainlink (LINK) receives support not only from its own community but also from mutual funds. The world’s leading mutual funds provide millions of dollars in funding support to develop the ecosystem.
Although Chainlink (LINK) has such advantages, it is possible to talk about some disadvantages;
- Not decentralized enough: Users say the ecosystem could be made more decentralized than it is now.
- Oracle network is insufficient: Although Chainlink (LINK) is mainly focused on getting data off-chain, there are not enough Oracle networks where it can do this.
- Not financially transparent: Most of the LINK token supply is still in the hands of the developers and the managing company. This situation does not provide the transparency that will meet the investors’ expectations.
LINK Gains Value with Its Long-Term Roadmap
Chainlink (LINK), affected by the recent contraction and unexpected price movements in the markets, has started to gain value again with the long-term roadmap announced by its developers.
The token, which gained a value of 25 percent immediately after the announcement, is shown as a sign that the project gives confidence to its investors. In particular, immediately after the announcement, the purchases made by large investors have made LINK gain value.
Transaction Volume Rises with The Announcement of the Staking Program
Chainlink (LINK) has finally announced its long-awaited staking program. In the program details, it is stated that investors will get a return of 5%. However, it is said that with a wide range of benefits, the profitability of staking investors will be increased in the long run.
LINK, which gained a value of 17 percent immediately after the announcement of the staking program, also increased its transaction volume significantly.