The world’s biggest manufacturer of crypto mining rigs, Bitmain, released a new liquid cooling mining rig which boasts the best power efficiency among all of the firm’s models.
- The new Antminer S19 XP Hyd. boasts 255 terahash/second (TH/s) of computing power at 20.8 joules per terahash (J/T) of power efficiency, running on 5,304 watts, according to Bitmain’s website. They cost just under $20,000 per unit and will ship in the first quarter of 2023, according to the site.
- Its energy efficiency narrowly beats Bitmain’s previous best, the Antminer S19 XP, which brings up to 140 TH/s at 21.5 J/T at $11,620, and competitor MicroBT’s Whatsminer M30S++, which delivers 112 TH/s at an efficiency of 31 J/TH.
- The hydro cooling rigs are designed to be used in Bitmain’s own containers. Liquid cooling is a method of using a liquid, such as coolant going through pipes, to release heat from the machine.
- The firm also announced a new container, dubbed the ANTSPACE HK3, which fits 210 mining machines and consumes 1 megawatt of power.
- In January, Bitmain announced the Antminer S19 Pro+ Hyd., its first rig to come with liquid cooling, which delivered up to 198 TH/s at 27.5 J/T.
Read more: Intel’s Second-Gen Miner’s Efficiency Second Only to That of Bitmain’s S19 XP: Griid