Chinese bitcoin mining-rig maker Ebang (Nasdaq: EBON) registered a crypto exchange with the Australian Transaction Reports and Analysis Centre (AUSTRAC).
- Approval of the registration of Ebang’s wholly owned subsidiary, Ebonex Australia, as a digital currency exchange (DCE) was completed on Dec. 3, 2021, according to a Thursday press release.
- Ebang stock was up 14% in yesterday’s trading on the Nasdaq, though it has lost 42% of its value in the past six months.
- The approval “will add substantial value” to the company’s growth and is bringing it closer to becoming a “diversified and vertically integrated blockchain company,” Dong Hu, chairman and CEO, said in the press release.
- Hangzhou, China-based Ebang set up the subsidiary and started the registration process in October 2020.
- The registration has to be renewed every three years, according to the AUSTRAC website.
Read more: Bitcoin Mining Machine Maker Ebang to Launch Crypto Exchange in 2021; Shares Rise