The American affiliate of crypto exchange giant Binance, Binance.US, has hired Tammy Weinrib as its chief compliance officer, according to a statement Thursday.
- Weinrib joined Binance.US from her most recent role as vice-president of the financial crime compliance group at investment bank Société Générale. Prior to that, she was crypto exchange Gemini’s deputy chief compliance officer.
- In her role running compliance at Binance.US, Weinrib will be responsible for engaging with regulators and law enforcement agencies across the United States.
- “At Binance.US, we recognize the enormous responsibility that comes with handling our customers’ assets, and with that responsibility comes a need to ensure our company and industry are held to the highest standards of regulatory compliance,” said Binance.US CEO Brian Shroder.
- Fomer Ant Group executive Shroder has been in charge at Binance.US since September, when he was hired following the sudden exit of former CEO Brian Brooks.
- Weinrib will report to Binance.US Chief Risk Officer Sidney Majalya, who was hired in December from Intel.
Read more: Binance.US Faces SEC Probe Over Trading Affiliates: Report