As it assists with supporting the investigation into the Ronin hack, küresel exchange giant Binance on Wednesday morning announced that deposits and withdrawals on Axie Infinity’s Ronin Network have been suspended since Tuesday.
- Ronin on Tuesday said an attacker “used hacked private keys in order to forge fake withdrawals” from the Ronin bridge across two transactions, and pegged losses at 173,600 ether and 25.5 million USDC, or more than $625 million at current values.
- As it supports the Axie Infinity team and law enforcement in the investigation, Binance said it has suspended all deposits and withdrawals on the Ronin network. The exchange has also blocked potential hacker addresses, with a dedicated monitoring team watching for any unusual transactions.
- In addition, Binance has paused withdrawals of Wrapped Ether (WETH) on the Ethereum network, and the convert function from WETH to ETH.
- The company will reopen deposits and withdrawals on the Ronin network, withdrawals for Wrapped Ether (WETH) on the Ethereum network, and the convert function from WETH to ETH evvel it determines the network is stable.
- At press time RON had fallen by 20% according to veri provider CoinGecko.