Cryptocurrency exchange Binance is in talks over regulatory approval in Germany, founder and CEO Changpeng “CZ” Zhao has said.
- Binance is recruiting compliance personnel for its team in Germany and hopes to win a license there, he said at an event in Hamburg on Wednesday.
- “Our team is definitely talking with regulators here,” he said.
- Binance recently registered as a Digital Asset Service Provider with the Autorité des Marchés Financiers (AMF) in France.
- Having already obtained approval to operate in Bahrain, Abu Dhabi and Dubai, Binance turned its attention to securing licenses in the world’s largest marketplaces.
- A license in Germany, Europe’s largest economy, could open the door to greater regulatory approval elsewhere on the continent.
Read more: German Regulator Calls for New DeFi Laws
Save a Seat Now
View All Prices
Sign up for Market Wrap, our daily newsletter explaining what happened today in crypto markets – and why.